A car seat and a stroller are arguably two of the most important buys you will make as a parent. When you buy a car seat that turns into a stroller, you get rid of the guesswork out of the purchase, as the two systems are meant to work together in a seamless way.
All you have to do is click the car seat into your car's base and then, transfer it to the stroller just as easily. How much easier can it get?
What's even better, you can easily move your little one from the car to the stroller without disturbing their sleep.
That being said, there are many factors you need to consider before choosing one. One of these factors is the ease of use. Of course, you want to buy an all in one car seat and stroller that doesn't require any acrobatics or expensive tools to attach to the stroller.
You also want to buy one that is approved by the American Academy of Pediatrics. You can rest-assured that all of the ones we have reviewed below are!
So, without further ado, here's a review of the best baby car seat that turns into a stroller.
10 Best Baby Car Seats That Turn Into Strollers
1. Maxi-Cosi Car Seat That Turns Into A Stroller- Best Value
The Maxi-Cosi car seat stroller combo packs a ton of unique features for parents looking for a quality accessory for their kids. It provides superior protection, offers premium comfort, has an extendable canopy, and easily folds for easier storage.
The following are the key features in detail.
It is easy to install. Removing or attaching it on the frame of the stroller is a snap. Plus, it doesn't require a base, allowing for a quick taxi ride in the city.
It offers luxury convenience. It comes with smooth maneuvering wheels, a handy cup holder, a spacious basket and other thoughtful designed features.
As for safety, this car seat stroller combination features both an anti-rebound bar and an Air Protect Side Impact Protection mechanism to help keep your baby safe.
It comes in four colors: nomad sand, nomad grey, nomad blue, and nomad black.
Its dimensions are 31 x 22.88 x 22, and is designed for weight capacities between 4 and 30 pounds and a height of up to 32 inches.
- Added style thanks to textured vegan leather bar trims and premium fabrics.
- The fabric is machine washable and is dryer safe.
- Cleaning the fabric is easy, as you don't have to rethread the harness.
- Easy to switc out the car seat and bassinet
- Has a lot of padding and is relatively lightweight
- Easy to maneuver even on rough terrain
- Has plenty of storage for storage
• Removing the carseat/bassinet may is a bot awkward, as you need both hands and that may not be possible while still trying to lift the carseat out
2. Graco Modes Jogger Stroller With Car Seat Combo
This travel system from Graco provides you 7 ways to ride and everything you need to jog. From ample storage to a large UV 50 canopy to a safety teather to air-filled rubber tires, this Graco Modes Jogger car seat stroller combination comes with all the comfort and convenience features you'll ever need.
There is plenty of storage. The child's tray with cup holders, as well as the extra-large storage basket lets you carry all your child's essentials wherever you go. Did we also mention that it also has a phone holder to make it hassle-free for you too?
Features a stroller seat that is reversible. This means you can turn the stroller seat to eitehr face you or face the world.
Storing it is easy thanks to one-hand, self-standing fold mechanism.
Features improved maneuverability for easy navigation, as it provides 7 ways to walk, jog, or run together as your child grows.
It is available in two colors: Ferris, and Binx.
Its dimensions are 39.5 x 25.5 x 41.5 inches, and is designed for infants weighing between 4 and 35 pounds and have a height of up to 32 inches.
- Has big tires that help keep the stroller more stable
- The basket is a decent size
- It's medium weight
- Has 360-degree maneuvering
- The storage compartment doesn't stay shut
3. Baby Trend EZ All In One Car Seat And Stroller
This is also a good option for parents looking for an all in one car seat with stroller combo. Just like other baby travel systems, the Baby Trend EZ features an infant car seat and a stroller.
Some of the unique features it comes with include easier installation, optimal side impact protection, a peek-a-boo window on the canopy, a height adjustable handle, and a parent tray with 2 deep cup holders.
Provides optimal side impact protection thanks to EPS foam and higher, deeper side wings.
It features a large, soft head support, multiple recline positions, and a padded seat that can be used in either the stroller or the car seat.
For maximum safety and protection, the car seat stroller combination comes with a 5-point safety harnesses.
It is available in three colors: doodle dots, hello kitty expressions, and sophia.
Its dimensions are 42.50 x 25 x 42 inches, and is designed for children weighing between 4- and 50 pounds and a height of up to 42 inches.
- Very convenient that the car seat fits in the stroller.
- Plenty of room in the storage below
- Easy to collapse and lightweight yet sturdy
- Easy to install
- Padded for great protection
- For a newborn baby, you will probably need to buy a head guard to keep their neck stable while they sleep
- It would have been great if the stroller had locking clips on both sides when folding up
4. Vive Baby Girl Carseat And Stroller
The Vive baby girl carseat and stroller is also another worthwhile option you should consider. The combination provides a seamless transition whenever you require to travel by both car and foot.
Provides you with your own personal space. There is a full storage basket, a smartphone holding compartment, and 2 cup holders.
It is easily customizable. You can customize it using the 3 to 5 point harness, as well as the multiple reclining positions.
It features a peek-a-boo window, a full sun visor and a large canopy to keep your little one protected.
It is available in three colors: spearmint spree, hayden dot, and daphne
Its dimensions are 35.8 x 20.9 x 41.7 inches, and is designed for children weighing between 4- and 50 pounds.
- Stroller is easy to collapse
- Base is easy to buckle
- It is lightweight but sturdy
- Easy to assemble, fold and unfold
- Has good padding
- Has straps to hold the car seat into the stroller
- May need to be cut for some models
- Seat might be a bit cramped for long-legged babies
5. Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Baby Car Seat Stroller All In One
Baby Trend is back again, but this the expedition jogger type and not to be confused with the EZ jogger option we reviewed above.
The car seat stroller combination features a number of unique features. The Car seat comes with a Delta multi-grip caryying handle, an EPS energy-absorbing foam, a one hand easy access seat release, a 4-position push-button height adjustable base, a 5-point harness, and a latch equipped base.
As for the stroller, it comes replete with reflectors on foorest, a fully adjustable 5-point safety harness and tether strap, a multi-position, reclining, padded seat, an adjustable canopy, a convenient parent tray, all-terrain bicycle tires, a lockable front wheel swivel, and a lightweight steel frame construction.
Easy compact fold for easier storage and travel
Reclining padded sear with 5-point harness, tether, large canopy and storage basket
Front swivel wheen for easy maneuvering, locks for jogging
Convenient parent tray with 2 cupholders
Large bicycle tires roll effortlessly over all surfaces
It comes in 12 colors: viola, tropic, rose, piscina, moonstone, millenium, millenium white, millenium orange, millenium blue, elixer, centennial, and bubble gum.
The stroller is designed for infants weighing between 0 and 50 pounds, while the car seat is designed for infants weighing between 4 and 30 pounds
- Installing it is easy, as there are only a few things to snap in place
- It is lightweight, easy to fold, and a smooth jogger
- There is plenty of storage at the bottom
- Folding it is easy, as all you need to do is just pull the 2 gray hooks on the sides of the handle and push
- The front wheels locks when jogging and unlocks for easier mobility (by use of 1 button)
- Car seat portion is secure and sturdy
- The button to squeeze to make the carrying handle move can be a bit difficult
- The numerous features the car seat stroller in one has can be confusing if you don't take the time to familiarise yourself with the product beforehand
6. Graco FastAction Baby Car Seat And Stroller In One
Are you a parent looking for a car seat stroller combination that offers an easy-to-transport travel system? If you are, look no further than the Graco FastAction SE Travel System.
It features a large canopy, a large storage basket, is easy to carry, has a multi-position recline, and features a 25% smaller fold making its storage simple.
Has a large storage area to help parents keep their essentials nearby.
Features Graco's signature FastAction one-second, one-hand fold to help provide parents the ultimate convenience on the go.
It is slightly smaller than the current FastAction Fold Stroller making storage as easy for parents as possible.
It comes in two colors: carbie, and hilt.
The dimensions of the stroller are 34 x 22 x 38.4 inches. It is designed to carry children weighing up to 50 pounds. As for the car seat, Graco has designed to accomodate infants weighing anywhere between 4 and 30 pounds.
- It is easy to put together
- The stroller rolls smoothly
- It is lightweight and easy to fold
- Colors are gender neutral
- The under stroller storage area could have been made more accessible
7. Chico Bravo 2 in 1 Car Seat And Stroller
The Chicco Bravo 2 in 1 car seat and stroller is also another option to consider when shopping for a car seat stroller combination.
Among other features, it features a large storage basket, offers a smooth ride, has a padded push-handle with 3 height positions, has a large canopy to protect your little one, and features a multi-position reclining backrest for added comfort.
It has been designed exclusively for use in combination with the Chicco Key Fit 30 Infant Car Seat.
Stroller features a one-hand fold, as well as auto positioning wheels. What's mor, it is easy to transfrom to a car seat carrier - a stylishly woven jacquard in a delightful polka dot pattern.
Comes in three delightful colors: orion, nottingham, and lilla.
- The stroller is easy to maneuver, light, and quick to fold up
- Wheels are smooth and don't stick
- Stroller frame is awesome and easy to use
- Installation is easy
- Great colors for neutral theme
- Easy to collapse and open up
- The car seat is a bit heavy
- The cup holders are rather small
8. Graco Verb Cheap Baby Car Seat And Stroller Combo
Are you on a tight budget? If you are, then look no further than the Graco verb car seat stroller combination.
It has a multi-position, reclining seat, a large sorage basket, a parent's tray, a lightweight stroller, easier maneuverability, and a one-step, secure attachment of the newborn baby car seat to the stroller.
Closes easily thanks to the one-hand, self-standing fold mechanism.
It is easy to maneuver thanks to the locking front-swivel.
The ride is enjoyable, thanks to a sturdy yet smooth suspension.
Comes in two colors: merrick and azalea.
Its dimensions are 27 x 19.5 x 40.5 inches. The stroller is designed to carry a weight capacity of up to 50 pounds, while the car seat is designed to carry a child weighing between 4 and 30 pounds.
- Stroller is easy to fold
- Carseat is easy to hook up to the stroller and also comes with a base for the car
- Color is gender neutral and is therefore ideal great for either a girl or a boy
- Has a large basket underneath
- The head support pillow is probably not the best for a newborn baby
9. Evenflo Vive Baby Girl Carseat And Stroller
The Evenflo Vive baby girl carseat and stroller is also another great option you should consider when looking to buy a car seat stroller combination.
Some of the features the combo comes with include a large storage area, a posh multi-position recline, a large coverage canopy, a 4 pount, 13" thick EVA wheels and front wheel shock absorbing system, and an ultra slim 16" gravity fold/unfold that fits both small and big vehicles.
A large canopy that provides protection to your little one from the destructive elements
Plenty of storage to allow room for the parent to keep all their important essentials.
The stay-in-car base allows for easier transfer from the car seat to the stroller.
Provides increased stability, safety and comfort for your baby thanks to the 4 point, 13" thick EVA wheels and front wheel shock absorbing system.
Its dimensions are 20.9 x 35.8 x 41.7 inches. The car seat is designed for infants weighing anywhere between 4 and 35 pounds, while the stroller is designed for infants weighing up to
- It is easy to install
- The car seat is comfortable and safe
- The stroller rides smoothly
- Getting it to lock ot stay together when the stroller is folded up may prove not possible
10. Doona Infant Car Seat Stroller With Base
The Doona infant car seat stroller with base is designed to provide parents a travel system that is both safe and practical for their girl or boy.
According to Doona, the latest collection comes with a smorgasbord of unique features. Including, a sleek charcoal aluminum frame, an updated all-black inner seat cover, and a whopping six vivid colors.
The car seat provides the baby with exceptional anti-rebound protection thanks to the unique positioning of the handle against the back of the car seat.
The car seat stroller combination is safe against side impact collision. It features a unique double-wall structure that enables folding of the wheels into the body. In addition, the double wall provides enhanced side-impact protection thanks to thick payers of EPS, form, and textiles, as well as durable, impact absorbing plastic.
All the materials are safe for the baby. They are tested and approved under the strictest European standards and the REACH regulation to make sure they are free of hazardous chemicals. What's more, the materials are removable and washable.
It turns into a car seat in seconds in just one simple motion.
It's dimensions are 39 x 17.3 x 32.2 inches, and is suitable for infants weighing between 4 and 35 pounds.
- No need to buy an extra item, as the handle acts as a roll bar
- The stroller is easy to push and maneuver
- No need for a base, you can just strap it with the seatbelts
- Easy to use and store
- No under storage, so you might need to buy the Doona All Day Bag
- Can seem heavy once folded into carseat mode
So, what's the best car seat that turns into a stroller? Well, there are your best options. To choose the right one, take your time and check the features offered. Among your priorities should be things like your child's safety, the ease of installation and use, weight and height requirements, as well as ease in which the stroller maneuvers.
All things considered, we think the Maxi-Cosi car seat stroller combination has everything any parent would want from an all in one car seat and stroller.